Monday, September 13, 2010

Projects.

This weekend was a busy weekend and I accomplished something big. I did two projects this weekend and didn’t lose my religion once. I have sawdust running through my blood. My father knows his way around power tools and his dad made a living using them. So when I hear the roar of a drill or a saw fire up I get a little excited. I even enjoy watching all the home improvement shows, even though my dad thinks they should all be called, Watching Paint Dry.

I didn’t really get to use any major power tools this weekend, other than my drill. The first project I did was at my church. For some reason the pastor wanted a bobcat on stage. So I and a few other guys had to take some doors off of the church and drive the bobcat in. So I had the job of moving some plywood around and making sure the guy driving the bobcat had enough clearance to get around objects and through doors. Even though I don’t drink, it felt like a beer commercial; bunch of guys, power tools, and a big tractor. Maybe it was because we were at church, but I was surprised that no one lost their temper or even slip in a cussed word. It was a job well done.

Then that afternoon when I got home the wife and I were going to put the cover on the pool. So I was a little tired, it was hot, and putting the cover on the pool is not the easiest thing to do. I just knew we were going to need marriage counseling after this. I must admit when I do a project and things do not go my way I get a little frustrated and use a few colorful words. So my wife knows it’s best to just leave the area code and come back when I am done. But I needed her help with this one. I was impressed we worked like a great team, got the job done with ease, and still wanted to be married to each other at the end. My wife had to make the wise crack and say it was because she was in charge. I kept my mouth shut and remembered what a good friend of mine said to me about marriage; you can choose to be right or you can be happy. After her comment I chose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment