Monday, September 27, 2010

Early Christmas Shopping

Another Monday is here. Another work week has started. Yet another day that I sit in my four cubicle walls looking like one of those caged puppies in the pet store, hoping someone will pick me and get me out of here. I am not complaining about my job, I’m thankful for it. It allows me to eat every night and pays for the place where I sleep. But after nearly 8 years at the same place doing the same thing, it becomes a little monotonous. Every once in a while something different happens that makes the work day a little different, not better, but different. Like today, when I got to the office this morning I was greeted with the horrible aroma of what smells like sewage. This bring a new meaning to the old saying, “Different day, same old @*!?$”

So my wonderful wife points out to the social networking world that Christmas is only 3 months away. Since getting married I have found Christmas shopping for my friends and family to be a lot easier. When I was single I would wait till the last minute and just buy whatever was left on the shelf that didn’t look like I waited till the last minute to pick it out or, the gift card. The gift card is such a wonderful invention. It took me all of 15 minutes to do my Christmas shopping. But the last two Christmas my wife has handle the shopping for my family and friends. I don’t even know what some of them get until they open the present. It is awesome, I don’t have to be among all the loving Christmas shoppers with their spirit of generous giving. I say that sarcastically, we all know that Christmas has turned into a time of seeing who can buy the better gift that they can’t afford, hoping they get the same in return. But I’ll save Christmas shopping for another blog.

I now have three months to decide what I need to get for my wife. I did not know there were rules to this. I just found out that unless requested you don’t get anything that plugs in, and nothing that she might need or use everyday for household chores. So this makes my shopping a little harder. I’ve always wanted at least one thing that either requires batteries or it has some assembly required on Christmas day, guess that is just the kid in me. So now begins the stress of getting that gift to show my love for my wife and how much I appreciate her. No pressure here. The gift needs to say I notice how hard you work to keep our house clean, cook our meals, and keep up with the laundry. It also needs to say I love you and glad you are in my life. Personally I think a cordless circular saw with a laser guide says it all. Hey, you don’t plug it in and she won’t use it everyday for household chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment