Thursday, February 3, 2011

A week has gone by. It’s been the typical week of going to work and doing the same routine at home of watching the same TV shows. Not that I’m complaining sometimes it is nice to have that comfort zone of knowing what is going to happen next. But what I find interesting is everyone has a different daily routine and comfort zone. It’s the other people that might be involved in our weekly rituals that we can not control that sometimes change what we do.
Every week I try to call home to my parents to just say hi and that I am still alive. When I was single I might have called home twice a week, because my mother has a fear of her children being kidnapped by Mexican terrorist and making us work as slaves in their cotton farms. So for her sanity I call her so she can hear my voice and know that I am ok. I missed a week calling her this past week. Not that I forgot, my weekly routine was just a little more busy than normal and time got away from me. So I get this phone call. “Hey I know your busy, I was just wondering what’s been going on, I’m ONLY your Mother, so it’s not that important that you call.” For those who are not familiar with this sentence, this is the sentence of guilt. I’ll always be her little boy that shouldn’t mess around with her routine.
It’s not just people that have a routine, animals live by it. I’ve had my cat for nearly 8 years and he has a habit of going to his food dish whenever he wants and having food waiting for him. Well we recently adopted. No not a kid, but another cat. My wife named her Buttercup, it got shorten to Butter, and I call her Butt because she has no tail. Not even a nub, she is all butt. Well Butter (this is a family friendly blog so I’ll keep it clean) is a large cat probably twice the size of Shadow and she likes to eat. She’ll eat all the food in her dish then clean out Shadow’s dish as well. Then Shadow goes to eat and there is no food in his dish. Which is probably why Shadow chases her around the house, she changed his routine.
The moral of the story is “You can never be too big to mess around with someone routine.” or “Don’t be a butt by changing someone’s habit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment