Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ever just have one of those really bad weeks. I mean the ones where you wish the world would just blow up, because almost everything around you is spinning out of control. I’m having one of those weeks. It makes me understand why some people drink and smoke, they need something to relax. I don’t and won’t do either of those two things, but I will however indulge myself with some comfort food. Thank God my wife is a good cook. What did my wife make that relaxed me so much? A nice Turkey dinner with all the fixins, it was like watching a rerun of your favorite TV show (in this case Thanksgiving) and you knew how it was going to end. Passed out on the couch.

I’m not going to get into the details of what happened this week. I’ll just say some people are jerks. I think there should be a law that says if someone is being a jerk to you or your family; you should be allow to yank them by the ear into the nearest bathroom, shove their head into a toilet and flush, a.k.a “The Swirly”. This is how we handled things on the playground growing up. It worked so well. We were taught at that age to stand up to a bully and they would back down. When do you reach the age when that does not work anymore? When the bully becomes of age to be able to hire a lawyer and sue you. So society tells us to be nice and ignore those who annoy you and they will go away.

I just don’t believe this works for every situation. There are pirates in Somalia that are just annoying the heck out of boaters in that area. I really haven’t seen anybody take care of things. I guess they are using the philosophy to ignore them and they will go away. I don’t want to be the one to explain this reasoning to the families of the hostages that the pirates just killed. Egypt didn’t learn the lesson of ignore it and it will go away, when the people got sick of how the government was treating them so they decided to throw out the dictator. It might just be because I’m a little steamed by the bad week that I am having, but it just seems to me that the bullies of this world are protected, and I just keep on getting kicked in the groin and have to ignore it. Thank goodness for leftover Turkey and here’s hoping that next week is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment