Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just some rambling about this week, first of all it was Valentine’s Day this past Monday. It was so much easier being single during this time of year. While most unmarried people looked at it as a SAD (Single Awareness Day) day, I always told myself that I was just saving money because I didn’t have to buy a gift for anyone. So now that I am married it is a requirement to show my love to my wife on that annoying day, because Hallmark told me so. I personally think that day was made up by women so they can get the men in their life to buy them chocolate, like a druggie needs a quick fix. So the pressure of what to buy my wife began the week before. Not only what to buy, but to find the time to buy it. With my wife, getting out of the house to buy her a gift without her knowing it, is like James Bond breaking out of a terrorist compound. But I was relieved when my wife said that she had someplace to go Saturday morning, so I had a clear break. Plus that evening she said she didn’t take Valentines Day that seriously. I shouted a little Amen in my head. Long story short, I got a cool vintage Snoopy tie tack and she got a video game she had been wanting (yes you read that correctly) and a bag of her favorite M&M’s. Yes Hallmark I bought a card too, so don’t send your goons after me.

I got a weird letter mailed to me this week. It was from the company where I bought my jeep. Seems they were checking their files and when they came across my name they crunched some numbers and figured out a way to lower my monthly payments. Now wasn’t that nice of them to take the time to do that and pick me out from all of the customers that they had sold cars to. It had to be legit because it looked to be hand written on a piece of their notebook paper, even had my name on it. The thing is my wife and I paid my Jeep off last year, which means I have no payments. So unless they are going to start giving me money, I don’t understand how my payments can be any lower than nothing. I thought about giving them a call just to have a good time with them, but figured my time would be better spent finishing installing the new garage door opener for my wife. That was the real Valentine’s Day gift and she loved that better than anything else I could have gotten for her, plus chocolate. Don’t ever forget the chocolates; they get a little mean when they can’t get their hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment