Monday, January 17, 2011

Thawing Out

Atlanta is finally thawing out. My wife, who was getting cabin fever from being cooped up inside all week, and I went out Saturday morning to run a few errands. I had to take a little control over this trip. Last time we did an errand run together we ended up in one too many women’s apparel departments. There is nothing worse for a guy to be standing around surrounded by racks of dresses and blouses without an ounce of TV or sporting equipment in sight. So we agreed we were just going to run out grab the few things we needed and get back home.

I needed a few parts for a garage door opener I am installing for my wife. I’m a little different from some guys. I actually enjoy when my wife has something for me to work on around the house. Nothing like grabbing a power tool and putting something together, when I put on my tool belt I feel like Batman and his utility belt. Only, Batman’s belt doesn’t pull his pants down just enough so everyone can see the color underwear he is wearing. Maybe that is what the cape is for.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and eating the snacks my wife prepared for us while we watched the football playoffs. Atlanta lost, but the home made party Chex Mix, Tacos, bean dip, and peach pie were good. So it was a score for me. Even though while we were eating dinner I had just finished my fourth taco and going back for more (I know what you're thinking, why didn’t I just put more than 4 tacos on my plate in the first place.) When my wife spoke up and said, ”Uhm, could you leave me some more.” I wanted to say, “It’s survival of the fittest Babe!” But realizing that she made all the food and I probably would regret that comment later, I politely backed away and waited for her to get what she wanted. Even Batman and all his gadgets in his utility belt would rather face the Joker than a woman scorned.

Passage Proverbs 21:19:
It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment