Monday, November 1, 2010

putting on pants

Halloween has passed, which means the Holidays will be quickly approaching. Approximately, 7 weeks till Christmas. One of the great things about this time of year is I bring out the sweat and flannel pants to sit around in. This is when you will see me of an evening or weekend sitting around in my comfortable stretchy pants. My cat loves this time of year because it gets cold for him too and he sits by the couch waiting for me to sit down so he can lie next to me and get warm. Now he has a choice to make, sit next to me or share the blanket with my wife that she hibernates under all winter.

My wife has broken part of my tradition of wearing sweat pants. I used to enjoy Thanksgiving when I was single. Most people did not understand that I looked forward too spending this time alone. I would get a big steak, baked potato, mac and cheese, and a pumpkin pie all too my self. Along with some other snack favorites like cookies and Little Debbie cakes. I would sit around all Thanksgiving weekend; watching football and dumb movies, enjoying my bounty of food, all while enjoying the freedom that the elastic from my sweat pants would allow my stomach to grow. Then when my wife and I started dating I had to go to her family for the holidays. It was nice because there was more food to eat, but it wasn’t the same. I had to put on pants. That’s right, it’s strange to say but when you get involved in a serious relationship with someone you have to put on pants for the holidays.

Not that I am complaining about being married or that my Holidays have been ruined. I mean I do get to eat more food that I didn’t have to cook and it is nice to spend time with someone you love during this time of year. But when you indulge yourself with the amount of intake of food that I do around this time of year, the last thing I need is a leather strap around my waist to hold back the expanding mass of girth, a.k.a. my stomach. So now goodbye Halloween and hello Holiday season, it is the most wonderful time of the year. Even with out my stretchy pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment