Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth and TV viewing


Just had a great 4th of July weekend. I was planning on sleeping in every day, but I still woke up at my normal time as if it was a workday. I hate that. It reminded me of the times when I had a snow day off from school and I still got up early like any other typical school day. The wife and I didn't plan anything for the weekend. I used the spare time to work on an outdoor patio that we have wanted to get done. It was getting hot and the sun was really bright. I knew this because my wife told me to put on a hat because the sun was reflecting off my head and blinding the neighbors. As if every bald man had never heard that one before. But I decided it was a good time to take a break. I went inside and started doing some channel surfing when I found a show. It was as if God was saying "Stop and rest my child, this is your day" It was a marathon of "The Greatest American Hero." One of the great shows of the 80's with hands down the best theme show...sing it if you know it "Believe it or not I'm walking on air..." While watching this show I notice every so often an emergency would happen and they would have to find a phone to call someone. It made me think how much some movies and TV show's would be totally different if they were made today. I mean just think of all the screwy mix-ups that would have been solved in shows like "Three's Company". Chrisy could have just called Jack on his cell and say don't come to the apartment with your date Mr. Roper is here. Or the times the Huxtable kids would come home late and Bill would be waiting up. The excuse of, couldn't find a phone to call home, does not work in this generation. Technology has changed they way TV shows and movies are written. Thank goodness that some of these shows were created in the era they were in. Otherwise where would have Clark Kent changed into Superman?

No comments:

Post a Comment