Friday, September 16, 2011

Holy Man Cave, Bat Man!

My wife and I have been talking about our dream house since we have been married. Our little three bedroom house just isn’t big enough for us. It was fine when I was living as a bachelor. But, when I got married, I found all my stuff was either being thrown out or sold. What little I do have left is crammed in a corner in a spare room we set up for an office. I also have a small area in the garage I’m allowed to make use of when the cars are not parked in there, which is 95% of the time. So part of my dream house is to have a nice big room I can call my own, aka The Man Cave.

I could not really decide if I would prefer a nice bonus room above a garage that would let in some natural light and have access to the rest of the house. Or a basement with lots of room to spread out and have different functional areas like; a work-out area (yeah right), office area, and a pool table of course. The decision was easy after visiting some friends of ours and saw their finished basement. It was like having another whole house. Then I thought to myself, of course Bat Man.

Bat Man is a favorite to every guy. Why? Not because his alter ego Bruce Wayne has millions of dollars, not because he gets to go on cool adventures and fight crime, and definitely not because he hangs out with other guys wearing tights. It’s because he has the Bat Cave. Every guy at one point or another thought it would be cool to have an underground hideout to get away from the world; hanging out in a cool cavern, surrounded by high tech gadgets, and a sports car (the Bat Mobile) in the background that the chicks dig. The Bat Cave is what made Bat Man a super hero favorite.

So a basement is what I want as part of my dream house, a Man Cave.  It will be a place that I can hang out in solitude and veg out from the stress of the world. My high tech gadgets would be my computer, video games and guitars. I may not have the cool sports car, but that’s what posters are for. That’s right a place that I can hang a picture of Snoopy next to a picture of the Three Stooges. No flowers allowed. If I want to sit around in a cape and tights that might be a plus, but I would have the privacy to do so if I wanted. I will allow my wife to come down in the basement once in a while, after all even Bat Man had Alfred his butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment