Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well some good news, “The Bachelor Pad” has made it to the second round in the comic strip competition. There are 10 rounds total, so keep up the voting and help me get through all 10 rounds to win a syndicate contract. Which is a big deal, it gives me the chance to work with editors and other people who will help me promote the comic and sell it to newspapers. So go to www.thecartoonstudio.com to vote.

Some bad news, the economy is still gong down hill. It is so bad that McDonalds is letting Ronald McDonald go. They say it is a new marketing plan and that he represents the old McDonalds. But I just think, like most companies, they are tired of paying some clown to stand around and do nothing. Oh well, as long as they don’t mess with the fries, I don’t care if they get Justin Bieber to sell their stuff. He needs to get a taste of the real world anyways. Put a paper hat on that kid, give him a mop, and tell him to go clean up after the 5 year old that just messed up the women’s bathroom. I’m a little tired of seeing this kid who hasn’t gone through puberty make millions because he needs a hair cut and can sing “Oh Baby Baby.” Meanwhile adults all over this country are hoping they can get a job mopping floors to provide for their families. Only in America.

Speaking of families, last week I wrote about my brother. I only think it is fair that I talk some about my sister. First let me point something out. My parents already had a boy, and then they had a girl. So they already had one of each. I always wondered if they had a bet of what they would have next, or if they thought they needed to give it one more try because the first two were not what they expected. Ok, I know I was a surprise. Being only 18 months younger than her we were only a grade apart from each other, which meant we typically were in the same school growing up. That was cool, we had each others back. Once in elementary school we walked around the playground, arms linked together, shouting we don’t stop for no one! Unfortunately for her she was the middle child between two boys. My brother and I would gang up on her when we had the chance. One time (when the parents were gone) we picked on her so bad; she slammed the door so hard it cracked it. We all got in some trouble after that one. She now lives in the south, not that far from me. We don’t see each other as often as we like, but it is nice knowing that there is some family close by. Even if it is the family member, that I still have a scar over my eye from where she pushed me off a table. Thanks sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment