Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to school

Remember going back to school as a young kid and your first assignment was to write a report on “What I did over the summer.” One year I was so excited to report that my parents got me a tent and I camped in my backyard almost every night. Since school has started back for most kids I thought I would give my summer report.

Over the summer I went to work every day and on the weekends I; put screen boards on the back porch, mowed the lawn, cleaned the garage, put up a ceiling fan. We did go to the beach for a week, but after that; we had to replace the pool pump and AC unit, my battery died on my car and I hit my head on a rock while tubing down a river. When did I become an adult and my summers quit being fun. I think I’m going to pitch a tent in my backyard this weekend and get some of my old comic books and a flash light.

Welcome back to school kids. I am a little jealous that I don’t get to shop for back to school supplies. I miss getting a new box of crayons and picking out a cool lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment